Lucy (@littleluxuryfoods) has created the perfect afternoon #GoodTemptation. Give it a try. We recommend serving warm with a big melting scoop of Vanilla Oppo on top...yum.
- 150g unsalted butter
- 150g caster sugar
- 200g ground almonds
- 100g plain flour
- 2 large eggs
- 2tsp baking powder
- 2tsp vanilla extract
- Zest of 1 orange
- Juice from ½ orange
- 200g rhubarb
- 1 tbsp coconut sugar or brown sugar
- Pre-heat your oven to 180 fan.
- In a large bowl (or mixer) beat together the butter and sugar until soft and creamy. Then add in the eggs 1 at a time and keep beating until smooth.
- Add in the ground almonds, flour and baking powder – mix!
- Then add in the orange zest, vanilla and orange juice and fold / stir gently.
- Grease and line a cake tin (about 20cm roughly)
- Pour in the mixture and top with pieces or strips or rhubarb – decorate or arrange however you like. I covered in a circular pattern.
- Sprinkle the top of the cake with coconut sugar or brown sugar if you prefer. This will help the rhubarb to soften and turn sticky and sweet.
- Place in the oven for about 45-50 minutes (it really depends on your oven). Cover half way through this time if it’s starting to brown.
- Allow the cake to cool in the tin.
- Serve warm with a large scoop of Vanilla Oppo for the perfect indulgent treat.