We've curated 6 FREE FESTIVE RECIPES using our award-winning ice cream as a core part of each - they're also healthier twists on the calorie-laden originals!
Simply click the flavours below to add them to your basket and we'll deliver the ice cream direct to your door so you've got the right flavours to hand.
This time, we have Sticky Toffee Pudding with our Vanilla Pecan Praline ice cream. A lower calorie twist on this delicious British classic served with a generous lashing of caramel sauce!
This dessert not only looks fantastic but is actually super easy to make - trust us.
Have a go and tag us in your creations @oppobrothers.
Sticky Toffee Pudding
STICKY TOFFEE LOAF
- 200g - Pitted dried dates
- 1 cup - Boiling water
- 2 tsp - Bicarbonate of soda
- 2/3 cup - Coconut sugar
- 60g - Coconut oil (melted)
- 3 Eggs
- 1 tsp - Vanilla extract
- 170g - Gluten-free flour
- 2 1/2 tsp - Baking soda
- 1/4 tsp - Salt
- 1 tsp - Cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp - Ground ginger
VEGAN CARAMEL SAUCE
- 1 cup – Coconut cream
- 3/4 cup – Cornstarch
- Pinch of salt (optional)
- 1 tub of Oppo's Vanilla Pecan Praline ice cream
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius or 160 degrees fan-assisted and prepare a baking / loaf tin.
- Chop the pitted dried dates up and place in a heatproof bowl. Add the hot water and leave until the dates have softened. Once soft, mash the dates and water together and stir in the bicarbonate of soda.
- Add the melted coconut oil to the mixture as well as the eggs and vanilla extract. Mix together until very well combined.
- In a large bowl, mix together the gluten-free flour, coconut sugar, baking powder, salt, cinnamon and ground ginger with a whisk.
- Pour the date and egg mixture into the dry ingredients and mix until smooth.
- Pour into the prepared baking loaf / tin and bake for 50 minutes or until the top springs back and a skewer inserted into the middle comes out clean.
- For the vegan caramel sauce, in a small pan or pot, add the coconut cream, brown sugar and cornstarch together.
- Heat over medium-high heat, stirring constantly while the coconut cream melts. The mixture will get bubbly and almost foamy. Lower the heat to a simmer and stir frequently for about 5 minutes. If you want salted caramel, add a pinch of salt.
- Remove from heat and pour half the sauce over the loaf, leave to soak and keep the rest of serve.
- Cut a slice of toffee loaf, add a scoop of Oppo's Vanilla Pecan Praline ice cream and drizzle the extra sauce over to finish.
- Then, most importantly, enjoy your #GoodTemptation
Love, Team Oppo xRecipe & Imagery - Jelena Fairweather @into.trends